1. Dog Park is open to Beverly residents only.
2. Dogs must wear official Beverly Dog Park tags on their collars in order to enter the park. Failure to do so may result in a monetary citation.
3. In order to receive a Beverly Dog Park tag, eligible dogs must:
have a current Beverly dog license
have a current rabies vaccination tag
be spayed or neutered
be at least six months old, and
be parasite free and healthy
Applications are available at www.beverlydogpark.com. Tags are free and issued by the Dog Park Committee. Replacement tags will be issued at a cost of $5.
4. Children under the age of 10 years of age will NOT be allowed to enter the dog park. Children ages 10-17 must be under adult (age 18+) supervision at all times while inside the Dog Park. Proof of age may be requested at any time.
5. Dogs must remain leashed until they enter the double-gated holding area. Remove leash once inside the holding area upon arrival and reattach in this area prior to leaving the park.
6. Dog Park Hours-Dawn to Dusk (This is for the safety of the dog park users)
7. Owners must maintain effective verbal control & always be able to see their dogs when off leash.
8. Owners MUST IMMEDIATELY remove a problem dog from park WITHOUT DEBATE. Aggressive dogs may be banned from the dog park per Animal Control Officer discretion. Problem behavior includes, but is not limited to, aggression such as attacking, drawing blood, threatening, and bothering dogs and people.
9. Use biodegradable bags to pick up dog waste. These bags are available at stations within the dog park. Owners must pick up after their dogs every time and dispose of the waste properly.
10. Owners are personally liable for any damages or injury their dogs inflict.
11. Each person is limited to three dogs.
12. Sick or injured dogs shall not be allowed in the park.
13. Use of off-leash area is at own risk to you and your dogs. Please secure your vehicle. The city is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
14. Dogs prohibited from digging in park areas. If your dog digs a hole, fill it before you leave.
15. No eating allowed by owners and dogs (i.e., no treats for training) at any time while in park. No beverages to be consumed by owners while in the park.
16. We would appreciate it if you did not smoke within the park due to it being a fire hazard and a safety concern. Any smoking paraphernalia must be removed from the park after use. Any items left behind will be deemed as littering which may result in a fine.
17. No large dogs shall be allowed in the small dog enclosures. A large dog is any dog greater than 25 pounds.
18. For safety, owners must keep their hands free (except for leashes) at all times while in the park to ensure proper supervision and control of their dogs.
19. Children’s toys and sporting equipment (i.e., footballs, soccer balls) are prohibited within the fenced area of the park. Dog owners may use a ball or dog toy with their dogs in the back area for fetch.
20. Violators of these rules are subject to penalties and fines under city ordinances.
21. Removal from the Dog Park and revocation of dog park privileges may occur at any time at the discretion of the Animal Control Officer, Beverly Dog Park Committee, and/or the Beverly Parks and Recreation Commission.
In Case of Emergency Contact: Dial 911
Report Any Problems To:
Animal Control Officer – (978) 605-2362
Beverly Recreation Department – (978) 921-6067
For more information about the park, visit www.beverlydogpark.com or e-mail email@example.com.
Please be advised that per the Beverly City Ordinace, dog owners are responsible to carry their own means of pet waste removal on them. For full details on the City Ordinace regarding pet waste disposal, please click here:
Article X Dogs & Cats (page 134).